When I was working on the core game code I decided to test out some fps speed. My first reaction was wow it should be way faster then this. My engine was culling 90% of the triangles without any increase in speed. So I downloaded a program form NVIDIA to test for pipeline bottlenecks (check it out here). What it told me was that I was making too many calls to draw primitive. The size of my primitives ranged from 128 triangles to 2 triangles. To solve this I have completely rewritten my terrain class so that the triangle count of the primitives would increase 36 times from 128 to 4608. I have finished a new version of the level editor called 0.5B that can be downloaded from the project refusal site. For those of you that are lost on my site after the site was updated the link to the project refusal page can be found in the directory.
Monthly archives for August, 2005
Wow its been a while since I have put any thing up on the site. well not that long its only been like 2 months but it has felt much longer. Lets see, where to begin … I know I will talk some about my new cell phone or should I say pocket pc with cell phone features.
After many months of research I finally selected my next phone, the one I will be using for 2 years until my contract is up. The Audiovox PPC 6600 which has 128 megs of ram, a 400 mhz Intel processor and windows mobile 2003 SE. it does every thing a pocket pc does and it can make phone calls.
I other news you may have noticed that the website is a little different, in fact its a lot different. all the news items are now stored in a xml document and the main navigation menu at the top has been redone. To access old news posts simply go to the archive section where they are all listed by date. Some of the other links that where on the top menu have been moved to the directory page which has a list of all the pages that are hosted by my server. Right now the Message Board is still down pending my reformat of my server which should happen in the next month or so.
As For project refusal it has seen a bit of a set back with the terrain engine and the fact that it is summer so I have less time to work on it. I will post something soon I the problem I encountered and what am doing to fix it. All I will say now is that it has something to do with the number of draw primitives calls, but more on that later.