Now that 2004 is done I think it is time to select what was great and what sucked shit. First Some Random Best of to get started:
Top News Story: Martha Stewart – Human Rights were removed because she was too successful and she was illegally imprisoned when the courts violated constitutional law.
Top Personal News: Finished my 2 year course at BCIT
Best TV Show: 24
Top New Computer Hardware:NVIDIA Geforce 6800
Best DVD: Lord Of The Rings The Return Of The King Extended Special Edition
Important Lesson Learned: Canadians are as stupid as Americans.
Stupidest person of the year: Mel Gibson, goes from a guy I really liked to a guy I really hate.
Best Computer Games:
Strategy: Rome Total War – huge battles equals super cool
Role-playing: 2004 sucked for rpgs the only think worth playing was knights of the old republic expansion
Action-Adventure:Prince of Persia Warrior Within – about a million times better then Sands of Time. (I hated the first game)
MMORPG: I dont play them so I dont care.
Adventure: Myst IV Revelations – Not that there is may adventure games these days but this one is pretty good.
Racing Car Game: Need For Speed Underground 2 – This game would have been only a runner up if any other racing car game was released this year.
Action Game: Half Life 2 – buggy as hell and stupid story did not stop this from being one of the funniest action games of the year.
Best Computer Game Of the Year:
DOOM 3 – The atmosphere in this game was incredible, I could only play this game for a couple of hours at most before I had to turn it off, it was that intense. The graphics, sound and story pulled me in to the action unlike any other game. I feel sorry for the people that bought it as a action game and rushed through and did not take the time to get pulled in. Doom 3 has revolutionized first person shooter story telling the way half life did back in 98. Its a shame Half Life 2 did not try to improve in this area or it might have been game of the year.
10) Spiderman 2 – fun movie stupid moral lesson
9) The Aviator – Howard Hughes is cool
8 ) House Of Flying Daggers – awesome Asia kung few with a great tragic love story
7) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind – Andy Kaufman is the most original screen writers in Hollywood today
6) The Girl Next Door – surprisingly good teen comedy that made you care for the main characters and believe they were in love.
5) The Incredible – Brad Bird directs another classic movie
4) Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow – wow insane fun
3) Anchorman the Legend of Ron Burgundy – funniest movie since Zoolander
2) Kill Bill volume 2 – Kill Bill is simply amazing, if released as one movie it would be number one.
1) Garden State – Zach Braff directorial/writer debut was perfect. He is one of the few that can direct write and act perfectly all at the same time; up there with Orson Wells. He will go very far. And Natalie Portman was outstanding, after star wars I forgot how she is a very talented actress, but then I remember that Gorge Lucas could not write decent dialog to save his life.
5) Garfield – I have never seen the worlds laziest cat more active and energetic.
4) Thunderbirds – I know lets take a classic TV show about marinates and replace the marinates with small children and we will make millions.
3) Aliens Vs Predator – Plan and simple all of Paul W. S. Andersons movies are garbage.
2) Fahrenheit 911- Michel More is a Communist. How can he say all Saudi Arabians are terrorists, where is the links between Bushes friend and the terrorists, besides the fact they come from the same country. Racist Fucker!
1) Passion Of The Christ – I am a atheist and Mel Gibson is a Nazi